Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cat Cora and the Muppets Cook Up Some Yummy Treats Along With Some Laughs!


My two year old and I have started taking turns on the computer. She'll watch youtube videos of her favorite shows and when she's done I'll check email or look for recipe ideas. Now with The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora we've finally found something we can both enjoy at the same time.



Last week, we attended a live demonstration of this entertaining and educational new web series starring my food network idol, Cat Cora, along with Chef Angelo and Pepe the King Prawn. Cat prepared a delicious popcorn trail mix that was both healthy and tasty. Chef Angelo and Pepe the King Prawn were witty and charming and kept the whole audience laughing throughout the cooking segment. Pepe even gave every audience member a red rose in the vein of the Oprah giveaways. Cat gave us great tips such as involving our children in the preparation process so they can be more interested in the food they are eating.


Cat and the muppets in action.


My rose from Pepe the Prawn.

After the cooking show we got to sample some Mediterranean pinwheel hummus wraps, mini red velvet cupcakes and the delicious Trail Mix popcorn Cat prepared.



Cupcakes galore and colorful hummus pinwheel wraps. DEE-lish!

She was also kind enough to sign a copy of her cookbook Cat's Classics With A Twist and pose for photographs. I tried not to act too star struck since she is the only female Iron Chef and a food network star. Did I mention I was a HUGE fan of hers?!


The stunning Cat Cora, my little Isabella and me.

We watched episodes of the web series while waiting for our turn to meet her. One of my favorites was "The Really Cheesy" episode which showed how to make a simple and quick cheese sauce. One of the great things about the segment was it was only around three minutes long. Another feature of this site was the Hasty Tasty Cooking Tips which provides all the recipes that Cat prepared.

I think the most memorable part of this whole experience was the look on my daughter's face while she watched the muppets. She sat in complete silence with her eyes wide open the whole time. She proudly wore a Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora apron while eating more than her fair share of cupcakes.



Pretty sure that's cupcake #3...or 4.

One thing's for sure The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora is already a favorite in my house. Thank you to Disney for allowing us to share in such a memorable experience.


Disclosure: I was not paid for this post. I was invited to the event and the views and opinions expressed are my personal and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment