Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wendy's New "Pick 2" Menu!!!


Today some friends and I tried Wendy's new "Pick 2" menu and it was DEE-licous! I've always been a fan of their chili and now I can have that AND one of the seven other "Pick 2" menu items for the low price of $4.99. I know! What a deal!

Wendy's recently launched their new "Pick 2" menu which offers a half-sized version of their four Garden Sensations salads along with their ever so populare chili, Junior Bacon Cheesburger, baked potato, Chicken Go Wraps, a small beverage, Dasani bottled water or a small cool and creamy Frosty. I loved the fact that eighteen of the possible twenty-eight combinations avaiable are less than 600 calories (without dressing), and all of them combine fruits, vegetables, nuts, dairy and proteins.


I loved the fact they had the nutritional value information right by the counter!


When it came time to order I decided on the chili and their new Apple Pecan Chicken half-sized salad. The nuts and blue cheese mixed with the Pomegranate Vinaigrette was a great combination of flavor. My friends tried the BLT Cobb Salad and the Spicy Chicken Caesar Salad which both got the thumbs up. We all commented on what a perfect size the salads were and couldn't believe it was a "half" portion.


My daughter enjoying some fries with a gallon of ketchup.


My daughter and best friend as my "Pick 2" samplers.

During lunch I learned that Wendy's is one of the few fast-food chains that makes their burgers fresh to order and made with never frozen North American Beef. Fellow mom blogger Amy also informed us that Wendy's creator Dave Thomas who was an adoptee himself started the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption whose ambitious goal is to match every foster child with a permanent home and loving family.


Myself, my daughter, and fellow mom bloggers Marsha and Amy enjoying our Wendy's lunch.

If you love real taste made with fresh ingredients and also appreciate value make sure to stop by your neighborhood Wendy's and "Pick 2" for under $5!!!


Disclaimer: I was paid a $150 stipend by Wendy's and TheMotherhood.com for participating in the trial of Wendy's new "Pick 2" menu. The views and opinions expressed in this post are my personal and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment