Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Beauty and the Beast Sing Along at the El Capitan


My daughter and I were invited to see Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" Sing Along at the El Capitan Theater yesterday. This experience was very near and dear to my heart for many reasons. The first being, neither of us had ever been to this beautiful theater. The El Capitan's architecture on the inside was amazing! There was a stage where Belle came out prior to the performance and invited everyone to join in during the songs of the movie. She danced across the stage and in the end of her brief appearance confetti shot out into the audience.


The balcony of the theater.


Belle greeting the audience prior to the show.

This was also my daughter's VERY first movie going experience! I wasn't sure how she was going to react and was afraid that she wouldn't sit still but once the story of Belle and the Beast unfolded on the screen she was hooked! It also helped that we attended the "Toddler Tuesday" performance of the show. I highly recommend this to parents because they turn down the sound and leave the theater dimly lit so children aren't too overwhelmed once the movie starts. I was amazed to discover how intuitive my daughter was. There was a point in the movie where Belle was crying and she turned to me and said, "Sad." and I assured her that Belle would be okay.


Disney memorabilia at the gift shop.

The sing along feature added so much fun to our whole movie-going experience. My daughter was even impressed at the fact that mommy knew the words to all the songs. She turned and smiled every time I sang (even though I'm sure not everyone was such a fan of my off tune singing). I laughed out loud at some of the lyrics like, "No one's neck is as thick as Gaston!" The songs in "Beauty and the Beast" will definitely become a favorite in our house.


Singing along to the words on the screen.

I watched my daughter's face during half of the performance. I think one of the best things about having a child is being able to experience everything through their eyes. Growing up, my family couldn't afford to go to the movies so I felt very blessed that I was able to experience this with her. In a way, I felt like I was a little girl all over again.

Don't miss Beauty and the Beast Sing Along at the El Capitan showing through October 7th. Thank you to Disney for having us as their guest! This will definitely be an experience we will treasure and remember for years to come!


Disclaimer: I was not paid for this post. I was provided tickets to the movie and the views and thoughts expressed are my personal and honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment