Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Home Remedy Tip

My 3 month old son has had a cough and cold for a month courtesy of his big sister who brought it home from pre-school. He has been a trooper...until recently. He was fussy because he couldn't breathe and wasn't sleeping.

I tried everything! Humidifier, saline and suction. NO luck. Then my Russian girlfriend said, "Onions! Cut it up and place it in a bowl by his head where he sleeps and he'll be able to breathe." Sure enough it worked! Our room smells like raw onions but at least we're rested.

Thank you Russian home remedy! Happy holidays and may your bedrooms be onion-free during this cold and flu season.

Bern-baby-Bern

1 comment:

  1. Did Kira give you that tip? I'll have to remember that. So far, so good. We have managed to stay healthy which is AMAZING to me!

    ReplyDelete