Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fresh AND Easy certainly IS!

There has been much excitement going on from trips to the mid-west to 1st birthday parties. Which is why I'm very behind on my posts but as I say, better late than never.


About a month and a half ago, I had the pleasure of attending the Fresh and Easy cooking demo at Sur La Table in the Grove. I had entered a Fresh and Easy before but only went in to purchase minimal things such as water bottles but quickly got introduced to their wonderful items at this awesome event.


The cooking portion started off with making pizza with ready-made dough, sauce and cheese. All F & E products. My cooking partner, Marsha, and I were such rebels we decided to put some salami on our little creation. End result, pure goodness.



There was such a wide variety of great food from appetizers, main dishes and dessert. Being very limited on time, I will highlight my favorite dish of the evening which was the Beef Fajitas. It comes pre-packaged with the vegetable ready to cook in a little bit of olive oil. We added ready made bean dip with some fresh made guacamole and paired it up with freshly shredded lettuce and wrapped it all up in a whole wheat tortilla. Presto, you've got a Fresh and Easy dinner which will serve 4 people for a little over $4! I know! The best part, it was DEE-licious!





If you're lucky enough to have a Fresh and Easy nearby I encourage you to try their products. It's not only Fresh AND Easy it's also affordable and delicious!










No comments:

Post a Comment